What information do we collect from you?
Whenever you navigate on our website or you place an order, we collect few information related to you such as user device, IP address, how you got to our website and how you used it.
When you place an order, we require you to share your name, delivery address, e-mail address and credit or debit card details. All the information gathered is necessary to process your order and make your online experience satisfactory and safe.
We may also combine this information with other information coming from external sources such as analytics platforms, information providers and/or partners. This information may include customer geo-demographics, interests, online behaviour flow, user device and so forth.
How do we use your personal data?
1. To verify your identity
2. To process your orders and meet your request and needs
3. To provide you with the information related to products and services that you need
4. To complete the online transactions in our website
5. To give you the chance to take advantage of interactive features if you wish so
6. To improve our product’s range and our customer service thanks to deep customer’s research
7. To personalize and manage the communication you may receive from JW Galloway
8. To manage your account including the communications preferences
9. To measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and the customer’s satisfaction
10. To comply with the law
How do we comply with the law?
Your information is processed every time an order is placed, since it is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party, the Buyer, while JW Galloway is the Seller.
You have automatically consented and allowed us to use your data in the moment when you created a personal account with us, or you agreed to receive marketing communications. However, your consent can always be withdrawn at any time, changing your marketing preferences in your account or deleting your information from your personal account.
We are not authorized and, therefore, we will never share or sell your personal information with third parties, except in these circumstances:
1. We will share your information with our service providers or business partners, if necessary, to perform a service you requested.
2. We may share data regarding your analytics and/or visits, if needed, to improve our products and services. However, this information, usually, doesn’t directly identify you.
3. We may disclose your information in case we will sell or buy any business or assets
4. We may share personal data to obtain professional advice
5. We will share your data if required by law or by any regulatory authority.
How do we store your personal data?
Our website uses tools aimed to encrypt your data, protect payment transfers, monitor the website security and prevent from viruses.
We also comply with the UK data Protection Legislation (the Data Protection Act, 2018) to store your data in the safest way and to prevent any unauthorized access.
Other than this, at JW Galloway we protect your privacy in the following ways:
1. Making sure that your personal data are accessible only to a limited and necessary number of people
2. Securing our sales control system with a password
3. Reviewing and updating our database access controls periodically in order to guarantee the protection of your data.
What are your rights?
You have the right to be informed about how we use your personal information and at any time, you can request access to your personal data.
You have also the right to rectification, in the case of inaccurate data, and the right to erasure. This means that, at any time, you can ask us to delete all your personal information. However, we will NOT be able to delete any data that we are legally required to store, for instance, for VAT purposes.
You have the right to change your marketing preferences from your account or directly contacting us.
How do we use “Cookies”?
It is possible to opt out of cookies through the browser cookie settings. Remember that if you change device, you will have to change your cookie preferences again. The cookie settings, in fact, are linked to the device not to the user.